Modern homes which consist of a large yard usually have a walkout basement that opens up at the exteriors of their property. This structure is also known as daylight basement and is generally situated on a slope with some part of the floor above the ground. A door and a staircase is installed for leading the way outside.
Walkout basements are becoming a popular home extension that not only offers trending looks, but also maximize the value of your real estate. If you are planning to undertake a home renovation project, then make sure to install a walkout basement that will ideally transform your living space.
Some of the reasons to construct a walkout basement are:
- More space: INo matter what is the actual layout of your home, a walkout basement can add or enhance the free space up to a thousand square feet. This means that these installations are of great benefit to those who have a limited living space.
- More comfort: Compared to traditional basements, walkouts are more cozy and comfortable. Since they have outdoor exits and full size windows, one can ideally turn them into a bedroom, guest room or even an office.
- Cost effective: Though adding a new structure during renovation is expensive, walkout basement construction is considered cheaper. If you compare the costs of pouring concrete or basement excavation service, the latter one is more cost effective.
- Adds value: Having a daylight basement adds to the value of your home, along with improving its visual appeals. It is one of the convenient and affordable approach to enhance space inside a home. Since buyers usually appreciate a property that has fully functional basement, it acts as a smart and worthy investment.
- Provides safety: Basements act as strong foundations and are considered ideal for adding safety to a structure. As no one knows when a disaster may strike, walkout basement can act as an alternative exit to escape any natural and man made disaster.
- More storage: With the construction of a large walkout basement, a homeowner can utilize a part of his home into a liveable area. If you don’t prefer living underground, use this functional space as a storage area. This will help in keeping a home and belongings in an organized manner.
These are some of the reasons that promote the need of installing a walkout basement. If you are looking for a basement construction company in Grimsby, construction contractors at Harris Excavation is here to assist you. Call us today to get started.